Monday, March 7, 2011

Post # 19

 Creating my own portraits was a very difficult, interesting, and fun experience. I thought the project would be easy because I assumed we would only draw heads of people. Finding my 12 inspirations whose portraits I would create was easy, but later I learned it had to be drawn on a very small sheet of paper, I changed my mind about how effortless this would be. Soon after the project got easy because the boxes of the grid helped separate things and make them more accessible to draw to scale. The fact I could draw a bigger or smaller picture with a grid made it fascinating to me. Learning about portraits, portrait artist, paint mixing, and drawing out people on grids I really wanted to try painting something new. Mixing the paint to make the portrait my own creation was a very enjoyable learning experience.  I’m not quite finished with all my portraits, but it was a learning experience in which I experienced creating something that was done long ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment